Symptoms of black mold in house

Symptoms of black mold in house
Rate this post

It is said that prevention is better than cure and knowledge is power.

Symptoms of black mold in house are a threat to present and future human life. Mold is a breathing organism usually described as half animal and half plant. Mold grows both indoors and outdoors. Household mold are those that grow inside our homes or dwelling places. These organisms often thrive in wet, damp and humid places. Most people however do take the presence of mold in their homes for granted, mainly due to ignorance.

Household molds can grow on foods, carpet and other moist places in your home. The presence of mold is harmful to humans and their effect on human health can be quite traumatizing. This is because some ailments caused by mold poisoning can be permanent and may even lead to death.

Below are signs and symptoms of black mold in house environments

Mold may interfere with your respiratory, circulatory, mental, immune, and productive systems. Other symptoms that may indicate that you have inhaled, ingested or touched mold include fatigue, discomfort, allergies well as skin and vision problems.

Symptoms of black mold in house
Allergies are one of the most common symptoms of black mold in house environs. Allergic reactions are actually a warning sign that mold are thriving in your home.

 

Allergy problems 

Allergies are one of the most common symptoms of black mold in house environs. Allergic reactions are actually a warning sign that mold are thriving in your home. Sensitive people tend to be at risk of suffering from the allergenic effects of mold infestation. Some common mold allergy symptoms are:

  • Runny nose
  • Itchy eyes
  • Wheezing
  • Rashes
  • Coughing
  • Watery eyes

Circulatory symptoms from mold exposure 

Mycotoxins from toxic black mold can find their way through an individual’s eyes or skin. This happens after inhalation or ingestion. These toxins get absorbed into the blood and can inhibit blood clotting, damage the heart or cause bleeding. This kind of hemorrhage can be external or internal.

Symptoms that mold has invaded your circulatory system include 

  • Vomiting blood
  • Inflammation of the heart
  • Low blood pressure
  • Heart damage
  • Irregular heartbeat

Skin problems that arise from toxic mold

Your skin is at high risk of being affected by mold. Skin rashes from mold exposure can be very severe. Health problems that accompany this include dermatitis, crawling skin and jaundice. Dermatitis is characterized by itchiness, skin rashes, inflammation and blisters. Jaundice on the other hand is characterized by yellowing of the skin and could lead to more serious health complications if left untreated.

Respiratory problems that come with mold exposure 

Respiratory problems among members of a household can also indicate that black mold is in the house. Toxic black mold can get access to the respiratory system when we breathe in their mycotoxins and spores. The mycotoxins create a burning sensation and irritate the air passages. These include the mouth, throat and nasal cavity.

Common symptoms include

  • Bleeding in the lungs
  • Nose bleeds
  • Shortness of breath
  • Lung swelling
  • Sore throat

Eye problems caused by toxic mold 

Mycotoxins produced by household mold can enter your eyes directly. Since they are toxic to cells, they can cause vision problems due to swelling or injury of the eyes. Signs that toxic molds have invaded your home include sore eyes, bloodshot eyes, blurred vision and jaundice.

Symptoms of black mold in house
Allergies are one of the most common symptoms of black mold in house environs. Allergic reactions are actually a warning sign that mold are thriving in your home.

Problems of the immune system

There is nothing as bad as having a weak immune system that cannot defend your body from infections. This is what toxic mold can do to your immune system. This is why most drugs that are meant to suppress the immune system are made using toxic molds. Recurring infections is one major sign that molds have actually suppressed your immune.

Problems to the reproductive system

Constant exposure to household mold may deny you the pride of having s healthy and well-functioning circulatory system. The mycotoxins produced by toxic black molds tend to be teratogenic. This means when a pregnant gets exposed to them she can deliver a baby with birth defects. In addition to that mold exposure also cause cell mutations that in turn interfere with the process of protein synthesis. Besides causing problems with fetal development, toxic mold can also cause miscarriages, infertility, and impotence.

Mental symptoms

Mental and neurological problems mostly occur with toxic black mold in homes. This is due to the fact that they are neurotoxic. They disrupt a person’s mental ability by killing the neurons in the brain. The neurons are cells that carry information within the brain and between the brain and other parts of the body. When the neurons are not working correctly, a person loses the ability to coordinate major functions of the body. This in turn causes nervous disorders such as

  • Depression
  • Hallucinations
  • Memory loss
  • Anxiety
  • Seizure
  • Dizziness
  • Aggression and irritability
  • Confusion
  • Short attention span

Fatigue 

When the black mold invades your body, your immune system responds in a bid to protect you. Your immune system does this by releasing a sedative known as chloral hydrate. Chloral hydrate is meant to reduce the action of toxic black mold but it also causes fatigue. In addition, this mold also causes swelling and soreness of the joints and muscles. Other symptoms that accompany fatigue include drowsiness, joint pain, fever, general discomfort, recurring cold and weakness.

Cancer

The mention of cancer is enough to convince anyone that mold is more toxic than any other heavy metals and pesticides. Once your immune system is impaired any kind of ailment can affect you and cancer is one of them.

In Conclusion  

It is obvious that any exposure to toxic mold can cause severe illness and even death. Unfortunately getting to know that you are harboring mold in your home can be an uphill task. When mold is growing in places that are not much visible, a bad odor may be the only clue that they are around. If you get any such smell, check your house thoroughly to locate the mold before they get worse.

As usual, prevention is better than cure. Experts advise that the only way to deal with mold infestation is to eliminate moisture in your household. Getting a good quality air purifier is another way to ensure that your home is not invaded by mold.

Household mold is said to be very dangerous to infants and most Sudden Infant Death Syndromes (SIDS) are said to be associated with mold poisoning.

Avatar for Georgio Atana

As a General Contractor specialized in Restoration Environmental and Reconstruction, my professional goal is to keep up with the ever-changing rules, regulations, and laws in the restoration industry. I continue to strive to make the property recovery process a positive and good experience for each client.

authorauthorauthorauthor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *